You might think “Certified Pre-Owned” (or CPO for short) is just a fancy term for “Used”, but let me assure you that’s not the case. True to Mercedes-Benz’s commitment to excellence they have created strict requirements to ensure your Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes is the best of the best. So what separates the CPO Vehicle from the “used” Mercedes on the lot? Here are the five requirements the car must meed to get the title:
- An extensive 165 point inspection and reconditioning must be performed by a MBUSA (Mercedes Benz) Dealer certified technician. Everything is checked from bumper to bumper, inside and out. We even check the appearance and make sure there are no scratches or dings.
- There must be less than 75,000 miles on the vehicles.
- The vehicle must be no more than 6 model years old.
- The vehicle has to be originally sold through MBUSA. This is to ensure that your Mercedes-Benz was manufactured for, and originally sold by, a Mercedes-Benz Dealer in the United States.
- There can not be a single discrepancy in the Vehicle Master Inquiry which is service information directly from Mercedes-Benz.
So why does Mercedes-Benz make this distinction? Every CPO Mercedes-Benz comes with a Certified Pre-Owned warranty that is an extension of the original Limited 4year/50k mile new car warranty. If any of the original warranty remains you get to keep the benefits of the original warranty until it expires and then you begin your MBCPO (Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned) limited warranty for 12 months from the time the original warranty expires. If the vehicle you purchase is no longer covered by the original warranty, the MBCPO warranty lasts the full 12 months with unlimited mileage. CPO vehicles must always use factory parts, only the best for these vehicles. And last but not least, every CPO Mercedes-Benz comes with free roadside assistance for the term of the warranty as well as 18 months after each service. This means that if you service your Mercedes-Benz at the recommended intervals you could have free roadside assistance for as long as you own your vehicle. You can have your Mercedes serviced at any Mercedes-Benz authorized dealer, not just the one you bought it from. See the link below to check out the official Mercedes-Benz website.
*See Mercedes-Benz of Yakima for a copy of the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty and the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Extended Limited Warranty.